Artificial Intelligence, the massive and striking domain in this digital era.
What is AI??
It refers to the simulation of Human Intelligence in Machines that are programmed to think like human beings and act according to it.
It is the digital computer to perform tasks associated with intelligent brains.
The best uses of Artificial Intelligence are:
Healthcare, Marketing, Banking, Information/Cyber- Security, Agriculture, Space, Gaming, Communication, Navigation, Automobiles, etc.
- AI is mainly used to solve the problems and cyber security comes into this category.
- Today’s world is full of cyber attacks and many security challenges and Here AI comes into the picture, where it is used to update the security database and by analyzing from all the corners of the threat.
- More than 90% of the experts use AI to sort out and offer a huge potential to overcome.
- The security solutions based on AI can detect patterns of malicious behavior in the network and Do not relay on any signatures, even able to detect attacks that are impossible.
- The common methods for hacking include viruses, spyware, and Trojans and Ransomware. These threats affect all the industries.
There are different approaches to use AI for cyber Security, and it is important to determine which is appropriate for the organization.
Some software applications analyze raw network data to detect an irregular behavior, While others may focus on user/assets/entity to detect patterns which deviate.
AI solutions can greatly reduce the amount of time needed for threat detection and incident response. Can increase the efficacy of existing investments and human analysts.
Types of AI application used in cyber security solutions:
- Spam Filter Applications
- Network intrusion detection and prevention.
- Fraud detection
- Botnet detection
- Secure user authentication
- Cyber security ratings
- Hacking incident forecasting
Impact on cyber security:
Many techniques of AI can improve the vulnerable and malware attacks and provide the solution.
(ii)Threat hunting:Traditional security techniques use signatures and indicators for identification of threats. But AI ensures utmost 95% of the threat detection.
The most frequently used attack, where hackers attempt to deliver their malicious payload, is phishing. Phishing emails are very common and account for nearly 70% of cyber-attacks.AI-ML plays a significant role in deterring and preventing phishing attacks. This has made it possible to distinguish a fake website with no time.
The AI algorithms observe the unusual activities or any anomalous behavior of certain standard patterns. It can mark it as suspicious or even block the user. This includes activities like a sudden increase in document downloading, a drastic change in your typing speed, large online purchases, etc
- Analyzing mobile endpoints for cyber threats.
- Detecting the malicious activity right from the start end and preventing the attack.
- Enables automation for routine security tasks.
- Eliminating zero day vulnerabilities.
We at Future Tech have an experienced team of Artificial Intelligence experts whom you could hire to transform your ideas into reality.
Research Analyst at Future Tech and Accubits Technologies
Hyderabad, Telangana, India